Monday, January 11, 2010


12. In the Uptown/Carrollton area of town there is a section of New Orleans referred to as "Pigeon Town."


The other day at work a pigeon walked through the front door. With a small crowd of customers watching I attempted to guide our new feathered French Quarter friend straight out the door, but instead he flew into the front window bumping his little bird head and landing coincidentally into what is the bird section of the store. I then attempted to pick up this flailing pigeon (and for those of you who know me well, you can imagine the gracefulness included in this performance), but before I made contact with the bird, a kind customer, silent and clad in black came to the rescue! Without saying a word he scooped the pigeon up in his gloved hands and then let the bird fly free back into the arms of the city of New Orleans! It was quite the site.

The zany incident left quite an impression on me and as a result I decided to create a frame dedicated to pigeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment