
72. The original New Orleans Bicycle Club was established in the 1880's, and even built it's own clubhouse at the corner of Barrone and Gen. Taylor, just off St. Charles Avenue. The building was used as a warehouse for Martin Wine Cellar until Hurricane Katrina hit the city in 2005, but the commerative plaque in the sidewalk still can be seen there on the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment